Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Few of my favourite authors.

I had been told .... to write, you must first read.... I am still not sure that this is correct.
Maybe it gets you to think about what to write? Or what style you might like to write in?
But I would rather write what I want to write, about things that I feel good about and in the style that happens. But this is just me!

Some of my favourite authors are.... Mary Mahood, James Redfield, Bryce Courtenay and Elizabeth O'Connor.

Mary Mahood and Elizabeth O'Connor both write about the early settlement days in Australia. Written as it was in the outback for the families, especially for the women.
My pick of the books of Mary Mahood are...."A Bunch of Strays" and "Icing on the Damper".
As far as I know Elizabeth O'Connor only wrote two... "Second Helping" and "Steak for Breakfast." Both really enjoyable reading.

James Redfield writes about ..Inspiring journeys, new adventures, new spiritual truths that are emerging in our awareness.
My pick of these books are "The Celestine Prophecy" and "The Tenth Insight."

Bryce Courtenay is known by most I should feel... My first reading of his was "Jessica" a beautiful book. I then went on to "The Four Fires" and "Matthew Flinders Cat." I can't read all of Courtenay's books as some have themes I do not like...
That is what reading is all about. Choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment